Our hospital remains committed to the safety and health of our clients, employees, and pets. We are adhering closely to the recommendations and information put forth by the world’s leading health experts and government authorities, including the WHO and CDC.
In the interest of our staff, clients, and community, we insist that any clients who have traveled outside the state in the last 14 days, or clients that are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or breathing difficulties refrain from coming to our facility at this time. We have heightened our already stringent practices around sanitation, disinfection, and cleaning, as well as implemented specific measures based on the guidance of health authorities. It is our primary goal to provide a safe and sanitary environment and experience to all visitors.
Our staff will be minimizing direct human-to-human contact and practicing safe distancing protocols until further notice. This will affect all aspects of our hospital, from check-in/admittance, supply pick-up and medication refills, to routine wellness visits. It is imperative that all clients familiarize themselves with these new protocols, and how they may affect you and your pet. Please closely review the new protocols below, and do not hesitate to call us you have questions.
ALL VISITORS TO OUR HOSPITAL: Our hospital is open, but our lobby is closed until further notice.
Upon arrival at the hospital, please remain in your vehicle and call us at 515-243-4665.
If we must place you on a brief hold, please do not hang up. We will move through calls as quickly as possible.
Please watch the video on this page for more information on how curbside service works, and then click through to the tab below that applies for specific instructions pertaining to your visit.
Arriving for daytime appointments, surgeries, and drop off appointments:
- Please remain in your car outside the hospital and call the front desk at 515-243-4665.
- After receipt of the call, a staff member will check you in over the phone. We will discuss your pet’s medical history, present concerns, and a treatment plan for their visit. At the end of the call, a team member will meet you at your car to take your pet into the hospital to see Dr. Forret.
- After your pet’s exam is completed, Dr. Forret will briefly call to go over their physical examination, answer any questions, and go over any recommended treatments. You will then be transferred to the front desk team, who will take payment for your visit by phone. A staff member will return your pet to your vehicle, along with any supplies you may need.
- If you require end of life services for a pet, please contact us for special accommodations.
Picking up Food, Medication, or Supplies:
If you are picking up medication, supplies, or a therapeutic diet for your pet, we must know in advance that you are coming. This will ensure that we have your item(s) in stock, and allow us to have it ready ahead of your arrival.
- Please call at least 24 hours in advance to place your supply order. A staff member will ensure we have your items ready and available and take payment for your order over the phone.
- Supply orders will be bagged, labeled, and placed on a pick-up shelf in the vestibule entrance of the hospital (first set of doors). Orders will be placed in alphabetical order, and clearly labeled for pick up. Please do not touch any items other than your own.
- If you would prefer to stay in your vehicle, please call when you arrive. Our staff is happy to bring your order to your car.
**If you have a pet that is on long term medication or a therapeutic diet, please let our team know if you would like an extended supply. It is impossible to know how the availability of many items will be affected in the coming weeks, and we encourage you to be as proactive and prepared as possible.**
Staying Close to Home?
We also have various ways to help care for your pets without a trip or call to the hospital.
- Text Messaging: You can send and receive texts, place orders, and send/receive photos with us at (515)243-4665. Texting is only available during operating hours, response times vary, but we will do our best to respond quickly.
- Email: You can contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Most emails are answered the same business day. Please do not email with questions about an urgent care case or emergency.
- Home Delivery: Pet food and medications can be ordered through our Online Store. Approval turnaround is quick, and auto-ship is available, along with exclusive savings for items purchased through veterinarians. Use code SHOP15 for 15% off your first order.
- Digital & TeleCare Appointments: If your pet is an established patient that has had a wellness examination in the last 12 months, we may be able to assist you by providing an appointment or consult by phone or email. This is not an option for sick, critical, or emergency cases. Please contact our staff with questions about scheduling, consult fees, etc.
If you are experiencing a pet medical emergency, please click here for details on the hospitals we recommend. They will advise you of their COVID-19 protocols and be able to assist in urgent cases.
Our team is working hard to ensure that we can continue to provide care without interruption. Should the situation devolve, more drastic measures may put into effect. Please follow us on Facebook, and download our PetDesk app to be kept up to date.